Headlines-Click on the title to view the articleFar West Board of Directors - Open Seats
U14 Championships Schedule - Sew on Site Update
March 26, 2015
COMMUNICATIONS AND PUBLIC
1. To be responsible for setting annual communication targets, contributing to, and monitoring of their implementation through all realms of media;
2. produce and disseminate materials for communicating information about Far West and its programs;
3. coordinate the content of press releases and outreach communications; and
4. maintain updated photo library and database of media related contacts;
5. To report on the progress of the communication work plan including the coordination of the delivery of its outputs;
6. With direction and consultation for the FWBOD, the President of Far West should be the primary spokesperson at conferences, seminars and other media and or policy events. The CPRC will act as a back in cases where appropriate and directed by the FWBOD;
7. To review and monitor on progress of outreach opportunities and take appropriate follow up actions;
8. Contribute to the planning of and arrangements for FW events, in particular regarding the design and production of printed and marketing materials;
9. Carry out any duties assigned by the Executive Board.
This position is charged with seeking to raise funds for FWS. The Fundraising Chair develops and implements a program of corporate and/or individual sponsorships of FWS activities, plans and carries out other fundraising activities, and secures sponsorship for the Far West bib, and/or other projects or events as requested by the FWBOD, including marketing, advertising and outreach.
ATHLETE REPRESENTATIVE (1 position open - must be a currently competing athelte)
*$39 lift tickets available to any pass holder from other areas, must show pass at time of purchase.
2 SG, 2 GS, 2 SL
Boards and Registration Open: March 17, 2015 (Happy St. Patrick's Day)
Boards and Registration Close: 5:00p, Thursday, March 19th
Registration and waiver page required by 5:00pm!!!
Selections page can be found by clicking here.
Click on sports teams
Graduating seniors and post PG year racers, ski racing is alive and well at the University of Nevada. Are you looking to continue your ski racing after High School? If you would like to continue to ski and race in the Northern Sierra's, you should take a good look at UNR. UNR skiing is a unique club program that has long in history and is steeped in tradition. Currently we compete in the USCSA conference, and we will qualify both a Men and Women's teams to a highly competitive national championship. The UNR Winter Sports Club, which conducts UNR skiing, is funded through several sources, additional to its ASUN support, funding sources include: a Foundation endowment, long standing booster organization, and ski swap. These funds go toward a seasonal full time paid coach, training space, assists the athletes travel expenses and funds equipment for training. Additionally, we have several endowed memorial scholarships that assist current team members with tuition costs. Our race team is on snow 5 days a week for structured training and races. As a student driven club sport we welcome all interested participants, but we are looking for athletes with FIS backgrounds who would like to continue their ski racing experiences in an educational setting and to strengthen this team.
The University of Nevada at Reno is a Tier 1 University with 145 distinct degree programs, 8 individual schools, that include, Agriculture, Business, Engineering, Education and Journalism departments. To check out the school go to: http://www.unr.edu/admissions
To send an inquiry this please contact Ross Collins, Head Coach/Program Director, at:
October 22, 2014
1. your USSA.Far West membership must be
"Where racing begins"